It is almost impossible to imagine a businesslike, stylish, modern man who does not have his favorite perfume in his arsenal. An attractive scent speaks not only of self-esteem, but also of the ability to show your qualities. It can add confidence, charm and charm. And women, how do they emotionally react to a noble perfume? Modern men’s eau de toilette with its variety allows you to choose an individual scent, is able to understand the mood and inspire.
Naturally, one and the same scent will not be suitable for all occasions. For this reason, a man’s collection should contain at least three types of perfume. Be sure that they will be able to highlight the uniqueness and the brightest sides of the individual personality. The rating of the most refined eau de toilette includes 7 fragrances that emphasize and distinguish men from the crowd.
Choosing a flavor according to your preferences
Men’s eau de toilette is the most common gift that is not easy to find. But how to avoid mistakes when choosing a scent to please a friend or loved one?
Men can appreciate the look of the bottle, but what is more important is what is inside and that it fits the image. To do this, you will have to work hard to satisfy the requests. If you know a man well, you will be able to determine the character traits, his lifestyle, as well as what your perfume he likes best. With this knowledge, you can safely go to the store:
- For a business man, the preference is focus, endurance and ambition. In this case, woody shades, herbal with the addition of notes of cedar and sandalwood would be suitable aromas.
- Such type of men as «macho» are people with a wayward character, moderately strict and ready to go to great deeds. Suitable perfumes for this type are those that contain essential oils, patchouli, and amber.
- The creative personality, unpredictable and mysterious, is characterized by warm aromas with unusual shades. To surprise such people, it is necessary to give preference to spicy notes, subtle oriental motives from which a «bohemian» smell emanates.
- For athletic men, an energetic and at the same time discreet perfume is needed. They love to be on top, so the best scent for them will be a perfume with a fresh, subtle citrus and sea scent.
- For gentlemen, gallant men, the classic style of the fragrance will be suitable, which contains a persistent and calm woody bouquet with the addition of notes of musk and amber.
But, no one will argue that the aroma of a man’s perfume should be liked by his companion, because she often has to be around.
Attention! The correct scent significantly affects the mood and comfortable relationships with people nearby.
A similar scent is dominated by the components: notes of vetiver and the smell of wood. They are very widely used for the subgroup: sandalwood, patchouli, as well as cedar and pine. But to create a perfume, it is not enough just to combine various accords. For this reason, a woody perfume is matched with both an attractive image and a scent of pencil shavings. Great skill is required to select a suitable option, because woody notes can be both subtle and aggressive.
These fragrances are based on lavender, tonka and oak with other ingredients that are different from each other. Top notes highlight citrus, basil, followed by softly expressed notes of sandalwood, cedar and vetiver. The delicate cardamom retains its intrigue, which gradually turns into a velvet base containing amber, oak and tonka beans.
Men’s fragrances are based on essential oils that dissolve in alcohol. The percentage of oils allows for different odors. Fresh, inviting lightness, as well as independence, perfumes are liked by many men. They can turn your head, give a boost of energy, give a feeling of freedom like a sea breeze. Its palette includes notes of lime, mandarin, freesia, white cedar, violet, nutmeg. The freshness of citrus fruits with an expressive scent of a floral bouquet gradually turns into a heady spice accord. This ensemble completes the sensuality of nutmeg and woody noble notes.
These fragrances have a centuries-old history. We can safely say that it is from them that the history of perfumery begins. It was the east that was famous for its incense. Therefore, the class of this particular perfume is spicy, magical and intoxicating. It is sweet, with aromas of vanilla, musk, amber, as well as exotic flowers and spices. These perfumes are characterized by warmth and animalism. The notes are used in very small quantities. A masculine oriental scent is a mystery, a mystery, a temptation, they are memorable, but less bright in comparison with the feminine options.
How to choose the right scent?
Like fashion, perfume has its own characteristics and must be matched to the style of clothing and lifestyle. For example, there are smells that fully manifest themselves only in winter, while others are desirable to use only in summer.
Fragrances intended for sports will not suit a romantic evening.
Experts divide perfumes into basic types suitable for the stronger sex:
- Vacation… When choosing a cologne in summer, it is important to remember that not only does it fade from the skin, but hot weather also intensifies it. For this reason, you should not use heavy, woody or musky scents that give off a strong scent. It is recommended to choose a fresh, light, and also not too harsh perfume with notes of sea, greenery, light citrus.
- Sport activities… Such a scent should keep you in good shape, give you energy and efficiency. Usually it is a spicy, peppery scent with hints of citrus, which forms a long, energetic tone and gives a burst of energy.
- Dating… You should not buy a harsh scent for such an occasion. An excellent option would be the smell of vanilla and musk — these are natural ingredients. Vetiver oil is added to make the scent last longer.
- Work… This choice is quite difficult and requires attention. Those scents that are chosen for an evening walk are not suitable for work. In this case, you need to select a light citrus aroma that will not interfere with the free breathing of air for everyone present.
Classically perfume, like clothes it is not suitable for all occasions. He has survived almost every fashion quirk. But, before purchasing, it is important to know some rules and subtleties:
- before visiting the store at home, do not use your usual perfume so that it does not mix with the new one;
- do not spray it on yourself, use special strips on which the fragrance should be applied, and only after a few minutes listen to the smell;
- any perfume has three stages: concentrated (first impressions), unfolding (weaker smell) and residual (lasting for several hours);
- after inhaling several aromas, the scent dulls, it is recommended to sniff the coffee beans and after 5 minutes you can continue the selection.
Most popular fragrances (description)
The owner of a popular scent cannot actually ascend into the sky to join the flying crane key. But, the feeling after using it brings a feeling of flight, joy and admiration. The question often arises, which eau de toilette is the most popular for men? Below are descriptions of the most common perfumes.
Chanel egoiste platinum
This fragrance emphasizes success and elegance in the wearer, expresses strict conservatism, behind which the sexual overtones are veiled. The main characteristic feature is freshness, energy, which attributes the wearer to being involved in the world of haute couture.
Important! The selected fragrance reveals the main character traits of a man, his individuality. Emphasizes independence and strong character.
First, the composition opens with notes of lavender, pleasant rosemary and orange leaves. Internal aromas reveal Caucasian sage and geranium. It finishes with a hint of tree moss, incense, forest cedar and vetiver, adding sophistication and unusual lightness.
Houbigant fougere royale
This is the most popular eau de toilette for men, whose name means «royal fern». It appeared thanks to the perfumer Jean Parquet. The use of coumarin, which resembles the smell of mown hay, was the beginning of the creation of perfumery. The combination of these aromas is consonant with notes of oak moss, geranium, and of course exotic bergamot. In the initial notes, you can hear field chamomile, the smell of lavender, green notes, which are mixed with cloves, cinnamon, delicate rose and fragrant lilacs. The woody tones are the high point, reflecting the scent of clary sage, patchouli, and amber and tonka beans. It gives a scent of mystery, helps to look dignified.
Armani «Acqua Di Gio»
It is the standard of the style of men’s perfume, the popularity rating of which exceeds all others. This is one of the marketed fragrances that conveys the sunshine of the summer, adds romance. The perfume is elegant, fresh, endowed with attractiveness and charm, characterized by juicy notes of flowers and fruits.
Advice! Choose such a scent, it will surround you with warm and gentle rays of the sun even on a rainy day, envelop it in an atmosphere of relaxation and sea breeze.
Citrus bouquet with the addition of rosemary, bright bergamot reduce the sweetness of the fruit. The trail continues with notes of salty sea waves mixed with a bright floral set: freesia, fragrant jasmine and cyclamen. The notes are finished with soft, warm notes thanks to the presence of musk, patchouli, amber and cedar with moss. This composition gives a man aristocracy, sophistication and elegance.
L`Eau par Kenzo
A masterpiece of perfumery, the popular men’s fragrances of the talented Olivier Cresp include this fragrance. This is a class of fougere, watery scents, in which the main notes are green pepper, yuzu, and in the heart lotus and green accords, and in the conclusion green pepper appears. This perfume has a medium durability, as well as a medium intensity trail. A positive property is the fact that it can be used at any time of the year, also for people of different ages. But, only in the evening.
Versace pour homme oud noir
Classic fragrance, fashionable men’s eau de toilette, designed for the modern strong half. It blends traditional tastes with modern arrangements.
For reference! The sound of the fragrance is appreciated by the male audience, especially those who feel the pulse of the modern rhythm.
The perfume has an original scent in oriental woody tones, which are skillfully intertwined with each other, and sound harmoniously, purely gentlemanly. There are notes of exquisite leather, agar wood, an accent of oriental wood and spices. Heart notes of saffron, incense, cardamom. The final note is patchouli as well as oud wood.
Hugo Extreme by Hugo Boss
An extraordinary aroma, a call of nature, where the energy of the one who conquered the peaks, as well as the conqueror of the female heart, is hidden. The composition has an expressive note of ripe green apple. Heart notes reveal a fougere accord of bitter geranium, sage and a delicate scent of lavender. Base notes of white cedar and balsam fir provide a melody of intrigue and sensual charm. It sounds seductive, and alluringly reflecting the entire perfume composition.
It has its own secret, the most popular men’s fragrance of Lacoste Essential eau de toilette. It combines the most harmonious beautiful aromas, which are placed in one bottle with the image of a crocodile. The perfume is inherent in a combination of fougere and woody shades, lightness, freshness, which emphasizes the freedom of the owner. Top notes are lemon, tangerine, tomato leaves, as well as grapes and bergamot. The heart notes are rose, spices, black pepper and florals. Finally, a trail of chocolate, musk, cedar, sandalwood and amber opens up.
There are also brands that have appeared quite recently, but managed to find their favorites. These include the fragrance Bleu De Chanel. Its fresh, bold, piercing and persistent scent makes it truly masculine. It contains notes of citrus, Sicilian mandarin, slightly tinged with vetiver. A warm woody tone adds freshness, while amber adds a velvety feel.
Gentlemen Only Intense, Givenchy is a family with notes of patchouli, suede and honey. The version is sensual, sexy, opening with notes of green mandarin, black pepper with the addition of birch leaves. The owner has the features of an elegant man with natural charm.
Not only the clothes shape the style, but also the perfumery. It is only very important to collect an individual set that will be able to reflect your own style. The choice should be approached very wisely, since not every fragrance is appropriate for all occasions. The choice of perfume is a real art that a man comprehends over the years. You need to analyze your image, find strong character traits in yourself and then make a choice.