Unpredictable weather should not become the enemy of the comfort or appearance of a man, you must be prepared for all accidents. In order to update your everyday style of clothing, you should familiarize yourself with what to wear jackets.
Gone are the days when jackets were solely meant to protect the body in winter or from the cold wind, men now wear jackets to satisfy their need for style.
With what to wear men’s jackets, depending on the style
Jackets are one of the most popular garments used today in different parts of the world. They come in a variety of styles and are capable of meeting the fashion needs of different men. Some popular types of jacket include:
- Leather jackets are widely known for being functional and fashionable. They can be made from the skin of a cow, lamb, sheep, goat or buffalo. Leather jackets come in a variety of styles such as biker, military, bombers and straight jackets. In order to figure out what to wear with a leather jacket, it is best to pay attention to proven design solutions: with leather pants, jeans, high boots, chinos or cargo pants;
- trench jackets. Their first image was developed during the First World War (the cloak) and its popularity increased during the Second World War. Even today, trench coats are in demand among men as they provide protection from extreme weather conditions. They are especially popular due to the variety of colors that are used in their sewing. Trench coats are sewn using such materials: acrylic, fleece, cotton, suede. They are usually worn with suits, jeans or turtlenecks;
- jackets made of wool and fleece. Such models are especially popular during winter periods, as they help protect against freezing;
- quilted. To create a casual style, you should wear elegant quilted jackets. They are the perfect combination of warmth and fashion. Paired with a cardigan, a man will feel safe in winter. They are great for travel, hiking and daily life. They are harmoniously combined with jeans, trousers, boots and suits. A quilted jacket can be made of the following materials: polyester and fleece, cotton. Leather, silk or wool;
- with a hood. These jackets will help you do without an additional scarf or cap. They look voluminous and give the perfect winter look. When it comes to comfort and warmth, they are at the top of the list. Looks great with long sweaters, cardigans, high boots, chinos. They are made of the following materials: polyester viscose, cotton fleece, wool, acrylic blends;
- Jean jacket. These jackets have always been a favorite among college goers and are worn by bikers during the fall season. They are suitable for going to the club and for everyday walks, go well with chinos, jeans and khaki pants;
- windbreaker. As the name suggests, this item is essential in windy or rainy weather. It cannot be replaced during training or traveling. The windbreaker goes well with sports shoes and sweatpants. For its manufacture, the following fabrics are used: Lycra, cotton, polyester.
Choosing shoes and accessories
This season, the following types are allowed:
- baseball cap – not only for summer, baseball caps are great for rainy days when you don’t want to deal with an umbrella;
- It is a classic accessory. If you take an oversized version of a scarf, then you can, if necessary, hide with it, like a blanket from the wind in the evening;
- hats. Streetwear is back in vogue, so beanies with logos are the most popular.
One of the most comfortable shoe options that will harmoniously complement a leather jacket is a pair of leather boots. For outdoor activities, a combination with sneakers is preferable. Suede boots add elegance to a simple look, while leather derby boots bring an instant style update.
Stylish looks with a man’s denim jacket
The denim jacket is one of the most important wardrobe essentials. It is central to the creation of the denim style. The big advantage of the denim jacket – and the big reason for its popularity – is that it is useful for most of the year.
To figure out what to wear a denim jacket for a man, you need to find out about acceptable combinations:
- A good combination of a denim jacket with just about any color. Darker shades will look versatile, especially with a blue sweater and wrapped cuffs;
- it is possible to wear a denim jacket with jeans. But, as a rule, the jacket and jeans should be of different shades. Another way is to pair a worn blazer with clean jeans, or vice versa;
- It is a great substitute for a blazer or a blazer, especially when either of them seems a little stuffy;
- a great opportunity to add a collar and buttons to a simple T-shirt with a denim jacket, which gives a better look to the face and figure;
- light gray jeans and a dark indigo jacket can work; a medium blue jacket with blue jeans will not;
- a standard blue denim jacket and ripped black jeans are a great outfit formula to have in your arsenal.
Ultimately, it’s about a piece of clothing rooted in punk rock, so there is plenty of room for creativity.
For reference! A well-fitted denim jacket has a slimming effect.
What to combine with a leather jacket
Nothing beats a great leather jacket for men. Its durability, practicality and style have made the leather jacket a must-have for men around the world.
A leather jacket is a rather expensive purchase. This is a good investment as a good quality leather jacket will last for decades. If before that, the question arose of what to wear with a brown leather bomber jacket, then you should remember that the best combination would be blue jeans and a pair of brown leather boots.
A brown leather jacket and brown jeans go well. This creates a relaxed and stylish look. If you combine a jacket with a long-sleeved shirt and jeans or chinos, then you can go for a walk on Friday after work in the office in such a set.
A black leather bomber jacket and black jeans are a perfect combination to be utilized on the weekend.
Putting on a leather jacket with a suit or dress pants, you can achieve a balance between classic and casual style. Aviator jackets require very few layers of clothing underneath, as they are very warm. Plain T-shirts and black jeans are probably the best choices, as they won’t make the outside look baggy.
For reference! Military-style jackets require matching boots to complement the look.
The cold winter season requires many layers of clothing to keep you warm and comfortable. The choice of stylish warm clothes does not stop with a sweater; in addition, you need to choose the right outerwear. A properly selected men’s jacket will not only help keep warm, but will also serve as the finishing touch to the created image.