In modern fashion, it is customary to combine a man’s coat with jeans. Although it was previously believed that a coat is a classic thing and only trousers should be worn under it, now everything has changed. Stylish guys have learned how to combine multiple styles and still look great.
Today we will talk about how to combine these two different styles. Let’s pay attention to fashionable colors and the rules for their combination. We will also analyze how to decorate the image with accessories and what shoes you can wear.
Do men wear coats with jeans?
A coat is a classic garment, under which you need to carefully select pants. Although jeans are a sporty style, they can be worn with a coat. However, you need to remember a few rules on how to wear jeans with a coat as a man.
Since there are different cuts of jeans, they can be combined with some types of coats. The main thing to remember is that all clothes should be of the same style, or at least approximate. Fashion designers have come up with special models of coats for jeans, they look semi-classic.
Advice! Under jeans, it is preferable to choose a coat made of checkered fabric or other patterns.
How to combine?
To ensure that your coat never goes out of style, buy single-breasted models, they are also ideal for jeans. Pea coats and duffle coats also look good with jeans. The pea coat should be up to the middle of the thighs. It is double-breasted and goes well with different jeans.
The duffle coat is long enough that it can reach to the knees. This model is perfect for young people. An additional element of this clothing in the form of a hood will help dilute the classic style.
When choosing a coat, you need to remember that it should be combined in color with jeans. Therefore, it is better to choose neutral colors. Now, the following shades are very popular:
- Black. This color goes well with any outfit.
- Gray. It is better to take a light gray coat. It goes well with bright colors.
- Blue. This color has been very popular for several seasons. It can be of any shade, it does not affect its elegance. However, with this option, you should choose the color of the jeans. Of course, black and blue will look perfect.
- Beige. This color well distinguishes a man from the crowd. It can also be called universal. Moreover, it comes in different shades.
Having considered fashionable colors, we can conclude that the combination of a coat with jeans will look beautiful if you choose neutral tones of outerwear. With bright colors of pants, you need to be cautious, as they can look bad under such outerwear.
The whole image will depend on the choice of color. Even the most fashionable items can look cheap if they don’t go well with each other.
Choosing shoes and accessories
Under this image, many guys like to wear hats or caps. They fit perfectly under the coat. The hat must be black or gray in felt or velour. The cap must be wool or leather.
For reference! Knitted hats will go well with jeans.
You can also complete the look with a scarf. It is better to give preference to classic scarves. If you have a bright hat, then the scarf should match the color of the coat. If we talk about shoes, then shoes can be worn under jeans. As paradoxical as it sounds, a coat with jeans and sneakers can also be worn. It is important that the sneakers be not bright and fit under the jeans.
Coat with jeans: photo
It can be hard to immediately understand which coat is suitable for jeans, so you can preview photos of finished images in advance. Pay attention to the combination of colors, patterns and styles. It is also important to choose the right accessories and shoes. It is better to buy universal colors so that later you can combine the coat with different clothes.
It is important to remember that a coat can perfectly hide a man’s flaws and emphasize his features. However, for this, you need to choose it correctly. Let’s look at a few tips.
- Consider your height when choosing a model. Strongly, short men are better off not choosing long models. Tall guys fit elongated coats.
- Men with narrow shoulders should choose a coat with narrow lapels. With wide shoulders, you can choose wide lapels.
- Outerwear should fit the figure, but the man should be comfortable to move in it. The coat should not hinder movement.
- More fitted models will suit slender guys, chubby man, it is better to choose loose coats.
As we have seen, it is important to keep your figure in mind when choosing a coat. You can hide your flaws well. Since the coat always looks intelligent, then you need to choose the appropriate jeans. Ripped or faded jeans will not work with this look.