A tie is an essential accessory for creating a strict, elegant look. Every man, even if he is not an adherent of the classic style, wears a suit. In combination with a stylish shirt, the accessory will complement a business suit, making the image sophisticated and sophisticated. That is why it is important to be able to properly tie a tie in a classic way.
What does a classic knot look like?
A tie, depending on the style, is of three types - classic, festive and creative, in width - short, standard and elongated. When choosing this element of the wardrobe and the method of weaving it, it is necessary to take into account the event for which the image is being created, as well as the features of the man's appearance.
Getting an answer to the question common among modern men, how to tie a tie correctly, is actually simple. All you need is to follow the step-by-step instructions, or watch video tutorials. For those who want to complement their look with this accessory for the first time, stylists recommend forming a classic knot, which is distinguished by its simplicity of execution.
The classical method has a number of advantages: it does not shift, maintains the structure of the fabric and does not unravel. Such a knot always looks elegant, and at the same time strictly, without unnecessary accents and additions.
With what is combined
This tie-tying style is perfect for any formal event. Perfect with a plain long-sleeved shirt and a classic suit. It is advisable to choose an accessory of the same shade with a jacket and trousers. For informal events, you can use models with pictures and patterns, but it should be borne in mind that the shades of the product and garments are combined.
A tie tied with a classic knot can be worn not only with a formal suit, but in this case it is recommended to select the appropriate type of accessory. Monochrome models are ideal for a jacket and jeans, but ties with patterns and bright colors are more suitable for discreet wardrobe items. The only style that the accessory does not fit is sporty.
How to tie a classic knot
This method of tying a tie has been widespread among men for many years. Before you start learning how to do this correctly, you should familiarize yourself with useful tips that you need to take into account so that the knot turns out to be neat:
- Tie an accessory by the mirror. So you will be able to control the process of forming the knot, and you will do it in a matter of minutes.
- The collar should be up, and the shirt buttoned up. This will make the knots much easier to form.
- Decide on the length of the end of the wide edge, which will be the basis for the design of the composition. Place the thin part above the navel.
- Hold the edges of the accessory tightly, adjusting the level of the loop tension.
- The final stage. Having formed a knot, lower the shirt collar and look in the mirror to make sure everything is done correctly and neatly.
How the tie will look is influenced by its length. You need to purchase the product taking into account the growth rates and the size of the collar. So, for a man whose height is 180 cm and the volume of the collar zone is 40 cm, the accessory must be at least 152 cm. The etiquette prescribes that the end of the accessory must reach the line of the trousers belt.
instruction in pictures
To design a classic knot, a man will need to follow a few simple steps. It is better to train directly on the shirt. The process will take no more than a few minutes, and any man can master the classic knot. Step-by-step instructions on how to tie a tie in the classic way:
- First, the accessory is put on the neck so that its narrow end is about 30-35 centimeters shorter than the wide part.
- The ends are crossed so that the narrow part is located under the wide one.
- Gently wrap the wide part of the accessory around the narrow end.
- At the next stage, pass the wide part of the tie through the formed neck loop and lower it down.
- On top of the resulting structure, it is necessary to wrap the wide part of the accessory again.
- Then the action is repeated once more, when the wide part of the product will be passed through the loop formed between the accessory and the shirt collar.
- Having completed all the above actions, they tie a strong knot, holding the narrow part of the accessory with one hand. At this time, the other end is tightened and pulled to the desired length.
Once the process of forming a classic knot is completed, you should make sure that the ends of the product match each other. If it did not work out the first time, you must repeat all the steps from the beginning, adjusting the required length of the product. Once you can tie the tie correctly and the knot is neat, you need to align it directly to the center of the shirt collar.
Today, it is difficult to find a man who has never faced the need to tie a tie at least once in his life, so most of them are familiar with the technique of forming a classic knot. However, the classics in clothing are not popular with today's youth, as a result of which skills are gradually being lost. A step-by-step diagram and training videos allow you to master the technique of tying an accessory in a classic way in a matter of minutes, so that the image turns out to be flawless and stylish.