In the history of world fashion, such an attribute of clothing as a thin tie, which was very popular in the middle of the last century, is well known. People of the old generation need only recall the musicians of the Beatles, who have become a symbol of the era not only in music, but also in fashion. Later, closer to the eighties, the thin tie gradually transformed due to the increase in width to 8-10 cm and even more.
However, not so much time has passed when a thin tie, also called "herring", has become firmly in fashion again. Today, this type of neck band is worn mainly by young people and adolescents. Traditionally, they wear a thin tie for festive events (proms, youth weddings) or for wearing in a work setting in the office. Therefore, it is important for a young man to know how to tie a thin tie beautifully, if the need arises. The success of the future man to some extent depends on how this issue is correctly resolved.
What is a thin tie
A narrow tie is an everyday garment made of fine fabric. It adds sophistication to the chosen style and helps to create an elegant look for a young man. The herring tie is ideal for men and women with lean or slender builds, highlighting the characteristic features of their appearance. Its visual impact is manifested in the creation of a long vertical line that emphasizes the benefits of a slim figure. The peculiarity of this attribute is the ability to add a little "frivolous" style to the appearance of a respectable person.
In everyday sale there are samples of "herring" 5-7 cm wide; at the same time, the most common models are with sizes from 3.5 to 6.3 cm. When assessing the length, they proceed from the same considerations as when choosing regular or wide ties. To obtain the correct knot and a given size, it cannot be less than 140 cm. When knitted, the tip of such a tie should only slightly not reach the trousers strap. It will be correct if it does not reach the buckle itself by about 2-4 cm.
Varieties and colors
Before you get acquainted with how to tie a narrow tie correctly, you will need to understand its varieties and existing colors. A narrow tie as a product, first, differs in the material used for its manufacture. Neck dressings made from the following well-known fabrics are especially common:
- classic silk.
- Wool, cashmere.
- Linen, cotton and their combinations with silk
Knitted ties look very stylish, for the manufacture of which woolen or acrylic thread is used
In their elegance, leather products are incomparable, which are suitable for both men's and women's wardrobes.
Narrow lace ties, known as "Bolo"… According to their colors, all these products can be white, black, blue or light blue. Catchy colors are not excluded, represented by burgundy, red, purple, pink and yellow.
How to choose and match clothes
Before tying a thin tie correctly, you first require understanding what it is usually worn with. The following options are available here:
- First, products like “Herring” look good with shirts with short sleeves.
- Wearing them is appropriate for children or adolescents, since an adult does not look very solid in this case.
- The same can be said about wearing it with a shirt not tucked into the pants. On a young man, this combination looks very stylish, but for an adult man it is not at all suitable.
The narrow tie model is one of the only samples that go well with any kind of denim trousers.
The general style in this combination is chosen not business, but rather - every day and "imposing".
When choosing the width for a narrow tie, the main focus is on the complexion of the man wearing it. The fuller and larger it is, the wider the model you should buy. When determining the color, you need to follow the rules below:
- in a business setting, a tie and a suit are chosen in the same color scheme;
- white is suitable for lawyers, judges or notaries;
- a black tie is worn for formal events (including funeral processions);
- classic blue and cyan colors are appropriate for any setting.
Bright colors are considered separately. So, burgundy color belongs to the classics, testing to the luxury of the owner of the tie. Red, on the other hand, gives the impression of complete self-confidence of a fairly competent person.
But here one feature is taken into account, which is that this color distracts attention and does not allow you to focus on the wearer's face. Because of this, wearing him for public appearances will not be entirely correct. Pink color "gives off" some playfulness, and yellow associates with stubbornness and determination.
When choosing the right combinations with outerwear (jacket, shirt), it is important to adhere to the following rules:
- the jacket is selected based on the width of the tie itself (in the case of very thin samples, products with narrow lapels are suitable);
- if any pattern is embroidered on a shirt or jacket, the tie must be chosen in one color;
- for clothes that do not have embroidery, both a single-color sample and a model with a pattern are suitable.
The choice of a particular color for a jacket or shirt depends on the nature of the upcoming event.
How to tie a thin tie
Understanding how to tie a thin tie correctly will help you study the step-by-step instructions for forming a knot. Only if you follow it exactly can, you tie it as beautifully as it is depicted on the covers of fashion magazines. Several methods or patterns are known to properly tie a narrow tie. However, the most common are "Four", "Small knot", as well as more rare "Half-insidious" and simple. Let's consider all of them in more detail.
This method is one of the simplest and most commonly used techniques. In this case, you can tie a tie if you perform the following steps step by step:
- First, it is placed on the neck so that the wide end is slightly longer than the thin one.
- Then the wide part is superimposed on the narrow one and stretched under it, after which it is re-placed on top.
- Following this, it is pulled through the loop formed at the very beginning of the procedure.
- After that, the same end is pulled down until a knot is formed.
- At the final step, the knot is straightened with neat movements.
The described method is recommended to be used when choosing a combination of a suit with a white shirt, as well as before attending informal events
Mastering it will be of great help to a teenager going to school every day or a young man going on a date with a girl.
Before tying a tie correctly in this way, it will take a long workout. To tie it correctly and beautifully, you will have to do the following sequence of operations:
- First, the tie is wrapped around the neck so that the wide end goes down to the trousers below the thin one.
- It is then brought under the narrow part, after which the seamy side of the product is on top.
- After that, it is also threaded from the inside of the loop, and then brought out in front of it.
- Then he again pulls into the loop between the collar and tie.
- At the end, you will need to pull down with an effort, after which, having straightened, you can safely tighten the knot.
The specified variety also belongs to the widespread, appreciated not only by lovers of everyday wear. It goes well with formal suits.
You can tie it correctly like this:
- First, the tie is hung on the neck part so that the wide end falls below the thin one.
- Then you should superimpose the first on the second.
- Next, you require bringing it right under the narrow one and pull it into the formed loop.
- After that, it is also placed on top of the knot and re-stretched to the same place.
- At the final stage, you should grab the wide end, and then tighten and straighten the already finished loop.
From the presented step-by-step instructions, it can be seen that the last two methods are somewhat more complicated than the previous one. But after mastering them, a man will be able to tie all the other varieties without much difficulty.
simple correct knot
For those who could not master complex techniques or who had a desire to diversify this activity, we suggest trying another option that allows you to figure out how to tie a herring tie. This method is called "correct simple knot". It is attractive because it can be tied quite easily and, at the same time, it looks fashionable and stylish.
The knot can be tied in a few steps, as described below:
- In the first step, the tie is applied with the wrong side up, and its ends are aligned (the wider part should be longer than the thin one).
- Next, the long end is stacked on the short one, and then wrapped around the thin part.
- After completing this operation, the wide end is passed between the neck and the tie to form a loop.
- And, finally, a wide strip is once again pulled into this loop.
- At the final stage, the knot is slightly tightened and gently straightened.
The considered option, due to its simplicity, has become widespread among young people who value their personal time.