Today, a lot of time is devoted to visual appeal. Not only modern women, but also men, began to take care of themselves. Removing excess hair on the body with sugar hair removal has become commonplace. Beard sugaring is one of the most common procedures for creating male beauty. Using this method, you can not only get rid of unnecessary facial hairs, but also create an interesting beard design.
What it is?
Beard sugaring for men means the removal of unwanted vegetation in the face and neck area using a special sugar paste. The hair follicle is not injured during the procedure. Due to this feature, this method belongs to depilation.
Beard sugaring for men is carried out using sugar paste. You can buy it in a specialty store or prepare it yourself at home. If you want to save time by getting a really high-quality composition, then it is better to spend your finances on a ready-made mixture. When the pasta is prepared on its own, there is a high probability that a homogeneous thick mass will not work out immediately, which means that some time will have to be spent on experiments.
How is beard and mustache sugaring performed?
The procedure can be performed only after the length of the hairline reaches more than 2-3 mm. In addition, there are several more important rules that should be adhered to before carrying out sugaring of a beard and mustache. Among them:
- 2 weeks before the scheduled sugar depilation, you need to completely shave off all facial hair;
- 2-3 days before the event, a man should do a peeling;
- during the day before the procedure, it is forbidden to visit the bathhouse or sauna, as well as stay in direct sunlight for a long time;
- on the day of the sugaring, deodorants, cosmetics or detergents should not be applied to the face.
If the procedure is performed for the first time in the salon and the man is too afraid and worried, then the beautician can offer the client an anesthetic. It will help you calm down and relax, which will generally have a beneficial effect in the future.
To get the maximum effect from sugar depilation, you must follow a certain sequence of actions. It is as follows:
- Heat the sugar paste to 37 degrees. If the procedure is carried out in the salon, then an experienced master should be able to properly prepare the composition for the procedure. When doing sugaring at home, you can use a microwave oven.
- An antiseptic is applied to the face against hair growth. It will help to degrease the surface and disinfect it, which eliminates the possibility of infection and bacteria entering the human body.
- When the antiseptic is completely absorbed, a small amount of talc is applied to the skin, and then lightly rubbed in with massaging movements.
- The prepared sugar paste is evenly distributed over the selected area of the face. To ensure good adhesion to the vegetation to be removed, the composition is applied against hair growth, and the removal process is carried out in the opposite direction and parallel to the skin. Due to this principle, the skin on the face is not subject to severe irritation. Therefore, sugaring on a man’s face gives a longer result in comparison with other methods of getting rid of unnecessary hair.
After the procedure, it is recommended to treat the skin with a soothing agent. It is best if the composition contains components that help slow hair growth. The duration and quality of the result will depend on the correct skin care after sugaring.
Advantages and disadvantages
Beard sugaring is one of the fastest and most reliable ways to achieve beauty. The procedure appeared relatively recently, but it is already confidently replacing old developments and materials. Sugar depilation has a number of benefits. Among them:
- The material is inexpensive. Therefore, the procedure is easily performed independently at home. In specialized stores, you can buy a ready-made composition or ingredients for its preparation at home.
- Sugaring does not cause allergic skin reactions. After the procedure, only slight redness may appear from mechanical stress. They pass quickly, leaving the skin on the face silky smooth and pleasant to the touch. The sugar paste contains exclusively hypoallergenic components. Due to this, the procedure has become popular among men who have sensitive facial skin or are prone to developing allergic reactions.
- The natural ingredients of the sugar paste make the man’s skin above the upper lip and in the neck area soft and pleasant to the touch. Such a smooth and pleasant face is always a pleasure to touch.
- The duration of a positive result is 15 to 20 days. With each subsequent procedure, this time will only increase.
- Sugaring on the face allows you to quickly cleanse the skin of ingrown and short hairs, without subsequent inflammation. The composition helps to moisturize the skin as well as unclog the pores.
- During sugaring, a person does not feel the discomfort associated with the high temperature of the materials used. It is completely safe. Therefore, the skin on the face is not subjected to hot torture.
- Ease and simplicity of the cosmetic procedure. It can be done at home or in the salon at any convenient time.
Before carrying out beard sugaring, a man should familiarize himself with some of his shortcomings. These include:
- Soreness. This is especially true for men who have rather coarse hair;
- They need to possess certain skills and knowledge. All movements during work should be sharp and clear. If you start feeling sorry for yourself and don’t act confidently, bruises and ingrown hairs may remain on your face;
- The risk of missing some areas of the face. This usually happens to those who decide to do sugar depilation on their own;
- Price. Compared to regular shaving, sugaring will cost a man much more.
Beard sugaring copes well with facial hair, making a man more interesting and attractive. Smooth skin gives the impression of a stylish and tidy person.
As for any cosmetic procedure, there are a number of contraindications for beard sugaring. These include:
- The presence of diabetes mellitus in a man. This is the most stringent condition that prohibits this procedure. When sugar enters the bloodstream through the pores of the skin, glucose levels begin to rise, which is fraught with serious consequences. Therefore, it is important to know about your own health before starting the procedure.
- It is not recommended visiting tanning salons and stay in the sun for a long time before sugaring beards and mustaches for men. Better to take a short break between the procedure and sunbathing.
- The presence on the face of scratches, wounds, irritations, as well as other injuries or violations of the integrity of the skin. If they are, then all cosmetologists unanimously say that it is better to postpone the procedure until the moment of complete recovery.
- The presence in a man of such diseases as:
- allergic to at least one ingredient in sugar paste;
- any skin problems.
Beard sugaring is one of the simplest but most effective cosmetic procedures, which is very popular among modern men. This is a safe exercise that does not affect the functioning of the body. To carry out sweet depilation for the stronger sex, you need to prepare a special sugar paste. It contains more aggressive ingredients than women’s sugaring. Such components will cope faster and better with tough male bristles.
Facial skin care after hair removal
In order for beard sugaring to maintain a positive result for a long time, a man must take care of his skin after the procedure. Cosmetologists recommend adhering to several rules. These include:
- After removing excess vegetation, you require applying a special cosmetic product to the treated skin. Its action is to calm and moisturize;
- within 12 hours after sugaring, the skin should not be wetted. During the first 2-3 days, it is better to replace taking a bath with a shower;
- the day after the procedure, it is better to exclude from life visiting the gym, pool, bath and sauna;
- do not stay in direct sunlight for a long time over the next day;
- if a man noticed a couple of hairs left after the procedure, then in no case should they be shaved off or pulled out with tweezers;
- during the first few days, it is not recommended to use cosmetics, which can lead to clogged pores;
- start processing the skin of the face with chlorhexidine. This should be done 1 to 2 times a day;
- after sugaring the beard, after 2 days, it is imperative to peel. It will help prevent ingrown hairs on your face.
If a man decides to get rid of excess facial hair using sugar depilation, then he should not use other methods of hair removal between procedures. After sugaring, the hairs gradually become soft and less noticeable, and shaving will disrupt this process, returning them to their previous rigidity.